Tweet Let me come right out and say it – I am a big nerd. I studied art history and history in college, so working with Gallery Direct, I get to geek out on our amazing collection of Old Masters, … Read More
Tweet My most recent project with Gallery Direct was selecting art with a couple in Austin, Texas that just moved from the East Coast. Two very different personalities presented themselves, which is always a fun design challenge. Nicola, a fashionista … Read More
- Check out the Brand New First Additions
- Use the search engine with key words that express an emotion you might want to feel in that room.
- Gallery Direct has the best Subjects section online. That is where we found what we were looking for. (Abstract for Nicoloa and Coastal and Tropical for Christian)
- To help finalize your decision for your art selection, choose three, print them at home or your office, tape them on the selected wall(s). Leave them up for at least a day. By the end of that day you will know which one you want.
- When deciding on a size, use blue tape to safely show you the impact of the size on your wall. Don’t be shy to go big!
As the visual marketing and merchandising lead for Gallery Direct, a major part of my job is keeping an eye on interior design trends. That means I get to spend part of my day trolling design blogs, Houzz, Pinterest and Piccsy for the most stunningly inspiring images to share with Gallery Direct customers (I know, poor me).
I thought I'd start sharing a few of my absolute favorite web haunts for great design inspiration, and today I want to talk about Lonny Magazine.
Lonny is an an online design magazine that's chock-full of to-die-for products, great decorating tips, and house tour photo arrays that make me want to climb through my computer screen and make myself at home.
If you're an art and design junkie like I am, I highly suggest adding Lonny to your daily reading list.
I completely fell in love with two images in Lonny's November issue; both feature oversized artwork with a graffiti-esque, gritty feel:[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="476"] Image Credit: Lonny Magazine[/caption] [caption id="" align="alignnone" width="476"] Image Credit: Lonny Magazine[/caption] Amazing, right? I'm considering a similar look for my new living room. If you're inspired too, check out our Urban Edge collection on Gallery Direct. I also took the liberty of pulling a few of my favorite pieces for your consideration: [gallery order="DESC"] Want one? Find them here...